Sunday, January 20 2008 @ 12:33 AM EST
Contributed by: CBrining
While The Elwood Fire Company was on a cover assignment at Hammonton on Saturday the 19th. They were called to a report of a possible structure fire at 68 South Chew Rd. at 6:33pm. Support 16-1 and Engine 16-3 responded with a crew of 7. On arrival at 6:39pm they found the fire was put out by the home owner with a fire extinguisher. The EVFC crew removed the microwave that had caught fire and checked for extension with the thermal camera . They also used a positive pressure fan to remove smoke from the home. All units were clear at 6:56pm.
*EVFC members can listen to the whole call recording by logging in and going to the *Members Only* media gallery.