Maltese cross
Welcome to Elwood Fire Rescue
Sunday, May 27 2018 @ 11:28 AM EDT
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - Family loses home, cats in Folsom fire

Fire-Rescue News

AC Press

An electrical fire Thursday afternoon displaced a family in Folsom and killed two pet cats, the fire chief said.

The owner came home at about 3:30 p.m. to the house on the 200 block of Collings Avenue and smelled.....Continue Reading

Call Recording

Player

This is a VOX recording. It is condensed and not in real time.

 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - FOUR RELOCATED AFTER FIRE BREAKS OUT IN A.C. RESIDENTIAL BUILDING

Fire-Rescue News

        NBC40 Video

ATLANTIC CITY -- One adult and three children are relocated tonight, after a mattress fire broke out on the top floor of a four-story building in Atlantic City.

It happened just before 5 p.m. in the unit block of N. Brighten Ave.

Fire officials say they were on the scene within three minutes and had the blaze under control after 15 minutes.

Officials say upon arrival, black heavy smoke could be seen billowing out of the top story and officials escorted several residents out of the building immediately. Crews also said the building was fully occupied, possibly even overcrowded.

There's severe damage to the front room of the fourth floor and water damage to the lower floors. Officials estimate up to $20,000 total damage.

The fire is still under investigation, but officials say the blaze does appear to be accidental.

 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - FIRE CREWS BATTLE WILDWOOD BLAZE

Fire-Rescue News

        NBC40 Video

WILDWOOD -- A close call for Wildwood residents tonight, after their home caught fire.

Four adults and one child were escorted out of ther home near Poplar Ave. and Lake Rd. around 7:30 p.m.

Fire crews had the blaze under control in about five minutes and the only real damage was to the exterior of the home. The fire is still under investigation by the fire marshall at this time, but officials say they believe it's accidental.

 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - TWO HOSPITALIZED AFTER EARLY MORNING HOUSE FIRE

Fire-Rescue News

NBC40 Video

                  NBC40 Video

LOWER TWP. -- Two people were hospitalized and a family has been displaced after their home burst into flames early Tuesday morning.

Fire crews were called to the 200 block of West New Jersey Avenue in the Villas Section of the township around 2:15am.

That's where flames engulfed the small home, with five people still inside. Fortunately they were able to get out safely.

However, two were taken to Cape Regional Medical Center with minor to moderate injuries.

Officials have ruled the fire to be accidental.

 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - Little EHT Rescue workers, family and friends surprise Iraq soldier at GSP rest stop, escort him home

Fire-Rescue News

AC Press

Video and a photo gallery from the family reunion.

LITTLE EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP — Shortly after U.S. Army Spc. Brandon Grochala first arrived in Iraq last year, he called his mother to check in.

“The call started normal enough,” Patricia Jones recalled Monday. “But ended with the sound of chaos and my son shouting: ‘They’re bombing us!’”

“They like to shoot mortars at us,” the 22-year-old township resident would later surmise. “You learn that you constantly have to.....Continue Reading 

 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - Honoring Volunteer Firefighters

Fire-Rescue News
 Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version 

Fire Rescue News - Overnight fire damages Longport home

Fire-Rescue News

AC Press

About 50 firefighters helped extinguish an early morning fire that damaged a Longport home.

A Longport police officer saw smoke at about 12:30 a.m. coming from an unoccupied home on the unit block of South Manor Avenue, borough Fire Chief Lefty Clayton said.

Firefighters from Longport, Margate, Somers Point and Northfield battled the fire, containing it by 2:15 a.m.

Longport fire crews stayed at the scene until 11 a.m.

The fire damaged the home's garage, interior and roof. Officials think the fire was set accidentally, but their investigation continues.

 Copyright © 2018 Elwood Fire Rescue
 All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
(Menu Powered by Milonic)Powered by Geeklog 
Created this page in 0.30 seconds